Our 'Winter Carnevale' ward activity was last night and I was in charge of decorations.
Last year i made about a million tissue paper pom poms, and i wanted to kill myself.
So this year I decided to make things a little bit easier.
The concept I came up with was to make the feel of the activity similar to that of the end of the night at the Mardi Gras parade. Trashed, a little bit wilted...but of course, sober.
My main concern was the chandelier that would dangle above the Dixie band.

So with a base built of PVC pipes and rope, we covered it with garlands, tinsel, balloons, lanterns and crap.

I was too sick to attend the party, but it looks like it all came together great.
Now can I be done with the activities committee yet?
Last year i made about a million tissue paper pom poms, and i wanted to kill myself.
So this year I decided to make things a little bit easier.
The concept I came up with was to make the feel of the activity similar to that of the end of the night at the Mardi Gras parade. Trashed, a little bit wilted...but of course, sober.
My main concern was the chandelier that would dangle above the Dixie band.

So with a base built of PVC pipes and rope, we covered it with garlands, tinsel, balloons, lanterns and crap.

I was too sick to attend the party, but it looks like it all came together great.
Now can I be done with the activities committee yet?

No comments:
Post a Comment