Megan is one of my two lovely sisters. Its her 29th birthday today and i thought i would take us all on a little stroll of the life of Megan from the time i was born until she was 20...for comedies sake i am not putting any pictures up that show her in the 2000's.
i'm guessing that ever since i was a little baby bird, Megan was my best friend.
we have always shared a love for bangs and disneyland
This picture is hilarious to me for a few reasons, first of all....for the last couple pictures-mom, whats with the hair? You have us get perms and then you just brush it out? Gross. Erin, your hair in this Christmas picture is absolutely hilarious. Also Jordan went through this weird phase where he was a total weirdo (turkey hat, bad boys dancing, etc)...and i am still me, and Megan is still trying to always keep a straight face cause she is and always has been the easiest person to make laugh. I can get her to laugh at anything, its pathetic really.
Freshman year (megan's senior year)....we shared a love for Old Navy (obviously, the hat, the overalls) but not a love for accessories...Megan never wore any jewelry (unlike me, shown here wearing a really darling handmade by myself, hemp choker) . My mom MADE her wear a necklace to junior prom and she took it off right after her picture was taken cause she felt like it was choking her. She has since gotten over this and actually has had her ears pierced for almost a full year now. WAY TO GO MEGS!
I'm not really sure what this is, but i know its when Megan left for college so i had to of been a sophomore. This was in the middle of my bull-dyke phase where i hung out at the gym and could be found at anytime wearing some basketball shoes or my all-time favorite, a performance fleece vest. Once Megan graduated high school she moved to Provo and dyed her bleached hair DARK brown and started hitting up the tanning bed like obviously everyday. She loved to go to "the bay" in salt lake or "club omni." I'm guessing she was teaching me some dance moves that she picked up there...we were probably dancing to "Say my name" or something by Destiny's Child (loved them).
I cant be sure but i think this last picture is right before she left on her mission? I think that's when she cut her hair into a bob (we used to dye our own hair...obviously. Nice brassy tone, gold...lovely...you can barely see my skunk stripe that i sported for a while)...anyway aren't we cuties? Thanks mom for scrap booking over the years and cutting up all of these pictures...ha
Megan, along with my two other siblings, is my best friend. We shared a room all my life until she went to college, we shared closets (not so willingly on her side), the artistic gene (we were the art nerds in HS, Ms. Gilbert's favorites), and a love for Janice Kapp Perry. Now that we are adults, and especially now that we are living in the same place and get to spend so much time together, I really don't think there is another person that knows me quite the way she does.
Shes funny, talented, so giving of her time and talents, a great mom, a voice of reason, trustworthy, loyal, beautiful and....OLD.
Happy 29th Birthday sissy!
Monday, November 17, 2008
hey Megan, its your birthday...
Posted by
Shauna
at
9:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
THANKS SISSY! I love you too.
This was fun. But I will NOT be doing this on my sister's birthday. People don't need to see those Fechter pictures.... No way.
Let's get this straight about the bangs thing. Remember it was the 80's and the 80's were all about bangs and painted sweatshirts & the white trash look. I know I was not that good at bangs (Erin really had the technique down) but I did my best. I did not comb out your perms. I was not that clever! I loved taking this stroll and remembering so many fun, happy times with my kids! By the way, 29 years ago today I gave birth to Megan and I was 29!! I'm the old one!
It's cool, I totally had the brushed out perm too. It totally worked for me...plus my mom permed our bangs..you know for extra volume. I sure loved the pictures! I too was once a huge fan of Old Navy...
What a cute sister you have! Loved reading all the memories. And your dimples are darling, Shauna.
lol, love the pics. Don't worry I didn't look that normal growing up either..lol...j/k
Post a Comment