I don't understand it. You have someone take pictures of your outfits everyday and then write underneath the million photos of you "modeling" telling us where you got them? I seriously don't understand this.

top: Madewell, belt: Forever21, skirt: Target, glasses: a joke. I wouldn't really wear those
top: thrifted, hoodie: old navy, jeans; 7 for all mankind, shoes: sperry topsider

top: Madewell, belt: Forever21, skirt: Target, glasses: a joke. I wouldn't really wear those
top: thrifted, hoodie: old navy, jeans; 7 for all mankind, shoes: sperry topsiderAnd its not really that I think you all have bad taste (sometimes, yes, mostly..no) but I just get so embarrassed looking at 4-5 pictures of these normal chicks, just posing and patting themselves on the back for having, what they think, great outfits.
It is so strange to me. Maybe I just don't think about clothes that much, or maybe i just don't have the lady balls to put myself out there like that...whatever it is, its weird. It seems narcissistic? I don't know.
top: gap, belt: anthropologie, skinny jeans: joe's , shoes: none cause im on a yacht!I mean, sometimes i think the outfits are real cute and i end up clicking a link to wear they got it and shop around, but mostly i just roll my eyes and think "who did they have take this picture?" or "where did she learn that weird pose?"

Look how uncomfortable i am! It's insane. (my outfit was pretty cute thought)
I have some friends who have blogs like these, and i love these women dearly, I JUST DONT GET IT.
Am i alone in this?
this is not supposed to be mean, i really am serious when I say i dont get it.
Also blogging everyday is A LOT of work, and linking to everything you own would make me want to go naked everyday.

13 comments:
thank you for this. i have been thinking this lately. i have been finding SOO many fashion blogs lately, i never knew how many there were. So many. I don't get it either, WHY WHY WHY 10 pics of the same outfit in every angle? i can see ONE picture of their outfit, the end. but now, they post way too many. however, i think some, SOME are great. i love kendi everyday. i just love seeing the colors and combos she comes up with. its amazing and there are a couple others i enjoy because the photos are just pretty. but still, its a funny thing.
Hahaha TOTALLY. I've come to the conclusion that it's just for entertainment's sake? And I guess they put so much effort into what they are wearing that they feel like they have to show someone, like it's a work of art. However, if the clothes are something they made, then I think that's pretty cool... it's like you or me showing off our art on our blogs in a way.
I guess the bottom line is I've never been fashionable (I'm just all about comfort) so these blogs just make me more self-conscious that people notice and judge what I am wearing. I have no qualms about going to the store in workout clothes with no makeup on. Ha!
Also, "lady balls" and "I'm on a yacht" made me laugh out loud.
hahaha! Thank you! I feel awkward too. Agree with Marisa if you make your clothes.
I have just never been one to want to see myself on even my blog...so yeah.
i really like them. i honestly feel clueless sometimes as far as what to wear and i feel like it's great to get ideas + mix it up from my everyday tshirt and jeans. narcissistic? probably. but so is blogging about anything that you're doing.. same goes for twitter. assuming that anyone cares about where we're going, who we're with, what we're eating, what we made.. etc.. could come across as completely narcissistic.. but who cares. if i'm reading a blog and i "don't get it".. i move on. taking the time to write a blog post about how you don't get something (that someone considers blog-worthy), seems a little passive aggressive / jealous in my opinion. i only follow a few fashion blogs.. so i guess i'm not bombarded by them? on another note.. i'm obsessed with my sperrys and clicked your link to see which ones you're wearing in your picture but none of your links seem to be working.
AMEN!!!
amber: i totally agree with what you're saying about blogs in general and twitter and all that... and i think you missed what i meant. I didn't mean for it to come across as jealous, it's simply just an opinion. i don't understand how writing an opinion on something that i don't understand, comes across as passive aggressive. Does that make sense?
I guess my main opinion is that I think the modeling of these clothes and outfits is strange in that it just seems so weird to have a million pictures of yourself modeling on your blog.
Who knows, maybe i am jealous!?
lol amber is so mad.
i dont like it when people negate discussion on things, by simply saying if you have a prob with it, dont say anything. um, hellloooo AMERICAN REVOLUTION!!? God bless that we said something about the things we didnt get (monarchy). U-S-A. U-S-A. keep blogging your thoughts, shavs,
ew. they make me violently ill. i generally only post full body to make fun of myself.
first of all, the one i'm thinking of has the worst awkward style.....
second of all... i have no second of all. that post made me laugh really loud.
and your outfit is fab. it put the stamp of approval on my desire to get that madewell shirt ive been eying..... now that i'll have money.....
Yeah, I'm sort of with you. I have a friend who did it for a little (but it wasn't exclusively a fashion blog, just did fashion posts) because she has a HUGE following and great style and people were always asking her to. She felt awkward and eventually just stopped because of that reason, and also because she didn't have the time in the mornings.
The thing that sort of makes me laugh are the "candid" shots one has someone take of them when they're looking down while brushing their hair back, or gazing off into the distance....
oh i wasn't mad at all.. just throwing out my opinion like everyone else. i gathered that it wasn't intended to be mean + you're absolutely right about just simply stating your opinion (it is YOUR blog after all).. i just get a judgmental vibe from a lot of your posts so maybe that's why it felt passive aggressive to me even if you didn't mean it that way. all in all i will agree that IT DOES seem weird to have a million pictures of yourself on your blog + it's something i can't imagine ever being comfortable doing.. i guess i just look at them the same as aspiring photographers posting a billion horrible pictures, or someone literally posting all their personal business on facebook.. i just ignore it. one reason that i've always continued to read your blog is because you put a lot of things out there that i don't know i would be brave enough to post for fear that i would hurt someones feelings.
@meredith: i wasn't negating discussion at all.. i simply stated a different opinion from others who commented. your response speaks volumes for your maturity.
Shawna,
I don't know you and don't really remember how I found your blog, but you're one of my favorites. You make me laugh everyday and many times wish I could be one of your friends on your adventures with you. I'll bet you're a hoot at a slumber party. And I agree with you on the fashion blog. Don't get it either.
Post a Comment