Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Pioneer Children Sang as they walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and walked.....


Did anyone else hate that song in primary besides me? And am i the only who who feels like the hymn "If You Could Hie to Kolob" is very similiar to my most hated primary song? There is no end....to that song.

ANYWAY, so this pioneer day (im a few days late) i spent it with relatives. Relatives i didnt really know were my relatives before pioneer day.

It was so fun (and totally special/touching/tender/cool) to find out the ties between me and Casey Lewis, one of my very best friends. We share the same ancestor Neriah Lewis Sr. Caseys family comes from Neriahs first wife, while my side comes from his second. Its quite a family tree and we are a few branches apart...maybe even on totally seperate sides of the tree...but it was cool to go back and read stories of my ancestors. I am really growing into this Spirit of Elijah business.

Plus i found out my great grandmas name is Zola, and my great great grandmas name is Adaline. How cute are they!?

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Shauna,
Yes I too hated that song in Primary! It's so depressing! I found your blog off Brittany's, so fun to find new, but old friends in the blogging world! So I think I am going to try a cleanse...don't know if I can do the "Master" one first. Any advice?

April said...

Ok, so this is random, and no I'm not a blog stalker. This is April...formerly Stapp, formerly your fellow poster roller at Impact. I saw "Shavs it up" on Tracy Weston's blog (I knew Joe) and remembered that you went by Shavs so I clicked on the link to see if it was you. I love your blog! Looks like things are going well! Just wanted to say hi. :)

-April Warnick