Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Birthday/Mothers Day

Dear Amy aka Mom,

I'm sorry that, what seems like 90% of the time, your birthday falls on Mothers Day and you get jipped with one gift. This year, you are getting 4 gifts. And probably something else next weekend when i see you at Disneyland!!!!!
paintingsblog
(for those of you who aren't my mom, these paintings are me and my siblings ranging in ages from 3-5-ish...im the baldy, second from right)
Thank you for putting up with me over the years, for being my biggest fan, for always giving me everything i ever begged for, for knowing i love you even though we have very different personalities, for telling everyone how talented you think i am, for being a strong woman and example to me, for your testimony, for teaching me how to work hard (i think i finally got that part down after 25 years of being LAZY...better late than never?),...I love you more than i show it, more than i tell you, and I hope someday you will know how much i look up to you.

Thanks Mom.

(also i should note, even though i want to take all the credit...that my lovely sister megan worked hard on these paintings with me...we slaved away finishing them till 12:30 last night watching Highschool Musical 3, which we both couldnt believe we hadnt seen, and both totally loved it)

if you want to see the before pictures and what we look like now, its all over on the painting site.

2 comments:

Kim Messick said...

Shauna: I wanted to thank you for your wonderful talent! I am Aubrey and Jacki's Mom...You did a painting of Jacki and Dallen for Mother's Day and it was absolutely spot on beautiful!!! So glad that you share your talent! Lovin' it!
That was a really cute gift you did for your Mom too!

Amy said...

I've already told you how much I love these paintings and can't wait to hang them on my walls, but I want you to know that you are the best and I love you so much.. Can't wait until Saturday!!