-i got 18 painting orders for Christmas. They have to be shipped by Wednesday. Uhhhhhhh Christmas Miracle??? (Don't worry, if anyone who ordered one is reading this...IT WILL BE DONE! I promise)
-That being said, i hired my very first employee. After meeting with countless applicants, hours of interviews, thousands of phone calls to references, and thorough background checks....I finally found the perfect employee who i really think is going to be a great asset to the Shop of Shavs EMPIRE. Her name is Megan, and shes my sister. And shes doing the grunt work, prepping canvases. The most annoying part of the process. Its great to have you on board sissy. Don't screw this up, because i will have HR speak with you and let you go if it doesn't work out.
-My friends and i are emailing about this, and i know I'm going to get some backlash from some of my friends but it needs to be said. I hate it when children are signing. If you are not deaf, or someone in your family is not deaf, you don't need to be learning how to sign everything under the sun. Sure, the "please," "thank you," "milk," "more," "all done," fine. You can teach those, whatever...they are universal, sure. But whats with the toddlers who should be talking, being mute but signing "good morning mom, i had really vivid dreams and i am ready for my delicious breakfast of fresh fruits and loaded omelet." I know some of you are thinking "shes an idiot, there have been studies that prove...blah blah." None of us learned sign language and we are smart and fine. Baby sign language is trendy just like sushi is trendy. (i know, that NO ONE really likes sushi...barf).
-I finished my other nephew Lincolns painting.
hes my favorite little guy (not that jack isn't favorite, hes still favorite, hes just a kid, not really a little guy)
-I've gotten quite a few headband orders...so fun. If anyone has any other ideas of what i can sell, let me know...this is getting totally crazy but equally fun.
-I love Sugar from Survivor. LOVE her. She better win.
-Got tickets today to see Britney Spears with Kayla/Blake and Mark/Jeremy, for April. Cool. I'm the 5th wheel. HAHAHA oh well. Its not like i was going to spend the money for a second ticket in hopes i would find someone who would want to use it. I cant wait till April. Brit Brit should have her abs back by then, right?
-my brother in law works with a girl who was on the Olympic volleyball team and she has like all of this credit with Under Armour cause they sponsor her or something (i don't get it) and so shes letting Justin use her credit...and I'm getting a sports bra from them for Christmas. i picked it out. Its only 50 dollars (WHAT?). I'm pretty excited and not at all weirded out that my brother in law is getting me a sports bra.
-I have a table tonight at a Henderson craft fair. I guess because i feel like i don't have enough on my plate already?
-I'm really excited for my sister Erin to get here for Christmas.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Tis the Season to dump your brain
Posted by
Shauna
at
9:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I am waiting for my Christmas bonus....I like anything from Anthropology or Urban outfitters! I am so with you on the signing, but lets add in there potty training infants. I will get those pics ready today boss.
I'm with you on the baby signs. You're hilarious!
Shauna... sushi... gross? You're crazy- sushi is SO GOOD!
Hello...I'm obsessed with Britney Spears and would have gone with you. I'm holding out for VIP tickets from a guy Porter works with. He's a high roller and got us ringside tickets to UFC for our 1st date ever!
I'll let ya know if I get them...and maybe you can come down and sit with me?
Ok, I am cracking up at your baby signing comments. Good luck finishing all of your paintings!
i'll agree with the baby sign language. but sushi? seriously. you've broken my heart.
Maybe you haven't had the right type of sushi...? I would love it if you would add more bows to your shop (in ribbon or fabric), and more headbands. I'm about to buy some right now!
i'll admit, we started signing with taylor when he was really young... but quickly lost interest + gave up.
but sushi? i just went to sushi tonight for dinner and it was delicious!
i love the sign language comment. so true.
Your paintings are delightful! I have a friend who's style is similar to yours but he's more on the industrial pop culture side. His work = http://www.effregosolvo.com/
I'm also interested in your disinterest in baby sign language. It's really not that bad. I enjoy it. Especially when babies are NOT crying...By speaking sign language they can communicate their feelings before they learn to speak and thus aren't as fussy as babies. Learn = http://www.mindbites.com/person/84-MySmartHands
Post a Comment