Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My two cents on the Oscars

The Oscars this year were exciting for me, because for the first time I, I have seen almost all of the movies that were nominated. Since living in LA, I have turned into quite the little movie buff. It seems like most of my friends are in the movie business in one way or another and with my love to be entertained, this movie lover sort of just evolved in me.
Peter organized the party, and I have to admit...i was shown up a little. He's got some pretty good delegating skills and the little gathering went off without a hitch.
My contribution? Oscar Bingo and the official scoreboard & scorekeeper.

also known as the sucker who bought all the prizes

Dave took home the big prize....the Cafe Rio gift card worth a WHOPPING 10 dollars.
i think he ended with like 12 correct picks or something?
Who cares...
honestly by the end of it, i was glad i had chosen to slip into some comfy sweats so i could sit back, eat fajitas and banana pudding and just critique all the dresses. My favorite of the night, the beautiful Rachel McAdams. Shes always lovely isn't she?
seriously though how can we make that dress modest and wearable to church?
Someone figure it out and get me one, thanks!


Other moments worth mentioning...
  • the sytycd number. Saw Janine at the Getty on Saturday, I'm guessing she was somewhere in the midst of that routine?
  • does anyone else think Mo'Nique was tooting her own horn?(she was amazing in Precious, yes) Also don't get me started on her Barbara Walters interview. gross.
  • Sandra Bullocks win. I love her. I don't really love that she won...the blindside doesn't really seem like an Oscar winning movie (i did love it), but nonetheless she was lovely and humble and funny and stunning.
  • IN YOUR FACE JAMES CAMERON. So glad his ex wife won. Avatar sucks.
  • Robert Downey Jrs bow tie was ADORABLE
  • Miley is too young to be at the Oscars, but she did look flawless and beautiful
  • Kristen Stewart is annoying
  • LOVED that Crazy Heart's "Weary Kind" won best song. LOVE it. Love everything on that album. Collin Ferrells voice is the bomb.com
  • Ladies, if you have stretchmarks on your arms, please wear something that covers them? Too much to ask? MODESTY IS ALWAYS IN STYLE. IT NEVER GOES OUT ITS IN.
  • Alec Baldwin is always funny.
  • The Breakfast Club kids look like drug addicts. I really think Molly Ringwald is going to be really pissed when she goes back and watches herself on camera. She was all kinds of wide eyed and creepy.
  • That one lady who got up and stole the mic from the Prudence Director. WEIRD.
  • everyone else looked amazing and stunning except Charlize. WHAT WAS WITH THAT DRESS? it looked like someone was standing behind her holding her boobs with pink satin mittens. Hideous.
and that is all i have to say on the Oscars.

2 comments:

Ella said...

I think that you seeing the Oscar nominated movies has nothing to do with living in L.A. and everything to do with a certain little friend who has gotten you started on watching Rated R's. Ha!

Aubrey Messick said...

I'm so glad we both LOVED Rachel McAdams dress. Soooo beautiful!

And how awesome were your cameos on the Bachelor last night. I watched it over at Em's and I was like, wait, rewind that...its Shauna. I even noticed those cute brown houndstooth rainboots of yours and the camera panned to you walking down the sidewalk. Haha. Loved it!

PS- That was the most painfully awful wedding to watch...EVER! Poor Jason & Molly and their freezing/soaking wet guests.