Monday, June 14, 2010

My Thoughts on Homeschool

Recently i was asked what my thoughts are on homeschooling.

Well, I think its weird.

Ok well to an extent i can understand it. There are a lot of nasty kids out there, and why would you want to sign your child up to learn the stuff we learned from our "friends" (the nasty kids) in Jr High?

Ok my answer to that question is, if I liked jr high aged kids, i would probably be ok with homeschooling my own for 7th and 8th grade, but get real, they are all punks so mine will be shipped off via bus to the nearest middle school I can find.
To all you pro-homeschoolers reading this blog (first of all, who are you? I most certainly don't know of any of my friends who are pro-homeschool), its fine with me if you homeschool your children, but dont be gross and self-righteous and try to make everyone who sends their kids to school out of the house feel like terrible parents. It won't work. It will just make you look like you belong on an episode of wife swap-and we will proabably assume you homebirth your children too.

4 comments:

jocelyn said...

you are seriously hilarious. i love love love the cartoon. i can't wait to see if controversy ensues over this post.

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

This post cracks me up. I was actually homeschooled for 2 years of my life...5th and 6th grades. My family had to move to NJ for my dad to get some schooling he needed. The school systems were horrible and my mom refused to send me there to waste 8 hours a day "not" learning anything. So, we homeschooled and I loved it. There are several different kinds of home schooling programs and some are for sure WEIRD. Especially the ones that center around religion...I just don't feel like they teach the necessary subjects to make transitioning back into school easy. I did a curriculum out of the New England area. I was a "student" in an actual class room full of kids. I turned in the same homework they did. So, it kept me on my toes. The good thing was that I did about 8 hours worth of school work in about 3 hours...so I had a lot more free time and I liked it that way.
I went back to school in 7th grade when we moved. The transition was smooth. If I was in a similar situation, I would home school my kids for a year or two.

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

I agree with you Shauna, homeschool usually = weird kids.
Not always but usually.
-Becca C.

melissa said...

really? no weird angry people posting? not even the home birthers? LAME. i don't care about home schooling if your kids are involved in other activities -- MORE than church. sports, dance, blah blah.