Monday, February 18, 2008

thanks a lot Krissa...

Ha, so one of my highschool friends, Krissa, formerly known as Campbell, and I recently reunited via the blogging network, and so to celebrate she decided to tag me i guess.

So 5 random facts about me.

1. All growing up my parents listened to one radio station. Cool 101. So from a young age I learned every Oldies song ever made. Later on they intergrated Mix 96 and Y92, so i got the adult contemporary genre in me as well. You might say I'm a human jukebox.

2. I was OBSESSED with JTT (Jonathon Taylor Thomas, duh) and i used to tape record home improvement and handwrite all of his lines. Dont ask me why, i realize thats odd. And one time i even wrote the show with an idea i had for an episode which would obviously star me as JTTs love interest. This is completely true and it would be totally embarrasing except for the fact that i was probably 10 or 11, so that just makes it kind of cute and hilarious, right?

3. I've never broken a single bone in my entire body. I think, or atleast when i was in 5th grade, i thought i sprained my ankle but Im pretty sure i just rolled it and insisted on taking my sisters crutches that were to big, to school.

4. In highschool i played Basketball and i took it really seriously. I would go to the gym wearing cut off basketball t-shirts, and i would only wear my basketball shoes(Sheryl Swoopes Nikes) on a basketball court. I also went to the very first WNBA game with my AAU team in jr high. here is a picture of Rosie cheering on her favorite team at a wnba game. Sometimes when i wear basketball shorts to bed or whatever my brother in law gets the family to call me Rosie. So i thought this picture was fitting.
*********I dont play basketball anymore, i dont own a single cut-off shirt, and i am not and never will be a lesbian*****************

5. I hate seafood. Which means i cant catch on to the trendiness that is Sushi. I tried it and gagged and then threw it all up into a glass that was holding all of the water i drank to try to wash the fish taste out...Right there at the bar. Derek is my witness. It was not pretty and it was very embarrasing and I hate sushi, and dont even try to tell me it doesnt taste fishy because get real, it totally does.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog makes me laugh. I feel the same way about seafood: "get real, it's totally fishy." Fortunately I am also conveniently allergic to it.

sarah marie. said...

that is so funny about the crutches because i did the same exact thing!

--m.k.r. said...

JTT, huh?? hey you are welcome by the way! My sister in law tagged me and I thought....hmmm, shauna would do this!

Sheryl said...

I like reading your blog too. Whitney was right. How are you girly?

Rebecca said...

You are hilarious! I hate fish, too.And sushi- gross! That's so funny about JTT.

The Dally Llama said...

You either had bad sushi, or you were so convinced going in that you wouldn't like it that you weren't going to like it no matter what. Good sushi is not fishy. It's incredible. *Hint* try the rolls that don't have seaweed in them. That stuff is fishy tasting in the extreme.

Same thing goes for seafood in general. There's plenty of it that doesn't taste fishy at all. Pity you probably won't try it again. You're missing out.

Shauna said...

dallas, just because yout hink i havent tasted and tried all kinds of fish, doesnt mean that i havent and doesnt mean that its not fish tasting. Fish tastes like fish.

And everyone says that about sushi "try a california roll...its like all avocado" NO IT ISNT. I barfed it up in a cup. Its fishy.

The Dally Llama said...

That's not what I said, is it? I said that you either had your mind made up before you tried it, or that you had bad sushi. Either would leave you with a bad experience. Besides, we all know that your tasters are broken. Admit it.

P.S. California rolls usually have a layer of seaweed. Hence the fishy taste. There's nothing fishy tasting about imitation crab, avocado, cucumber or rice. And California rolls really aren't that great anyway.

But I don't care if you don't like it. More for me.

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

This is awesome. My sister named her hamster J.T.T after the one and only. Where is he now anyway?
-Becca

Tiana said...

Hey chicky. I love how easy it is to connect with old friends via the bloging world. You know, I was at the inaugural Monarchs WNBA too with my highschool team.

danny e said...

I don't think it doesn't taste fishy... I think it tastes less fishy because it has to be more fresh than regular fish because it is raw. The older fish gets the more of that fishy flavor comes out. Thats just gross... like salmon at a fast food restaurant.