Sunday, October 5, 2008

I shouldnt be allowed to blog when

i took an Ambien 25 minutes ago with every intention to sleep and not to blog. But i just have to tell about my boring awesome weekend, so get ready. Hope this makes sense cause if it doesn't it will probably be funnier. here we go,....

General Conference.

OK so General Conference is always so good (duh), but lets be honest...8 hours of church can be boring (so i maybe have a self-diagnosed Attention Deficit problem, so what?). I mean that in the greatest way. It really is great. It could be way worse, i could be in church clothes for those 8 hours...which actually i did that on my mission and probably a few times when i lived in Utah...so its really not THAT bad but seriously people! 8 hours of church in pajamas? TOTALLY AWESOME. Even more awesome is that i watched 2 sessions from my bed...whoever the genius is who dreamed up the conference you tube thing is really amazing.

My personal highlights of conference (its really all great and hard to choose a few...)
-Elder Eyring's talk as well as the session he conducted. Can i get this man to sell textbooks on tape? I would surely learn more. That emotional voice, gets me every time.
-The little darlings singing one of my all time faves "We Thank Thee O God For a Prophet", and also the little bossy redhead who was totally mean to the nice boy with his hand in his pocket. yeah buddy, we all saw it. IT WAS HILARIOUS.
-Sister Allred's talk on missionary work. I really enjoyed her talk last weekend at the Relief Society Broadcast and was pleasantly surprised to hear that darling little Costa Rican again.
-Elder Anderson's talk on building up Zion and helping each other out (helped feed my socialistic ideals in a more Christlike way, less obama way...so it was a good thing)

Friday night babysat my nephews for megan and justins 6th anniversary. They went to a Mexican restaurant at the Southpointe and then to Target, muy romantico. While they were gone i gave Lincoln a haircut (mullet), boys a bath, wiped jacks bum, read some books, snuck some of moms sugar cookies (im the cool babysitter) and then off to bed where sweet lincoln allowed me to snuggle him for a while. THE BEST. All kids sleeping soundly in their beds at 8, and i was free to paint these little guys while i had Joel McHale as my background boyfriend, and then maybe some Paris is my new BFF...don't judge me. There is a girl from EDH on it. and by Sunday morning it was totally complete, with an email back from the buyer saying "wow. this is rad." So i think i did good.The babies name is Magnus, and i am a fan. Its Sweedish, which is his dads heritage, and Magnus...that just sounds like a pretty kick-A name.

Sunday i tackled a couple more paintings. One that is 100% custom, its not done, she has secret symbols for me incorporate however i want...but all the colors, all the everthing...its all Lea.its a gift for new groom Rob, who is obviously dancing with her in the picture. I like now that i have color under my belt and i also really like that Lea knew exactly what she wanted so i haven't been worried about misrepresenting her.

The other painting is SO TEENSY SMALL and was able to knock that one out pretty quick tonight while watching the amazing race, desperate housewives and brothers and sisters (Ive got a lot of shows, i know, but i get things done too!) Its a little missionary just giving the regular cool guy missionary sign "hang loose" with his shades on. But those arent his legs. The picture was waist up so i had to do some google image seraching for "mens slacks"its small. i told you.

One more thing before i go to bed(i am so drugged on ambien right now that i am swaying, so this probably makes no sense....but here is the funniest SNL skit in years for your enjoyment.


just wait, the urine will start to flow if you watch it all the way through MAYBE a couple of times.

6 comments:

Ella said...

I am so in love with Kristin Wiig. Did you see last week's when she was on Weekend Update doing the just kidding bit? Amazing.

Amy said...

I love that portrait with the colored background. Love it! And the baby & Daddy is so cute. That could start a whole new wave of painting. Who doesn't love a newborn being kissed by a parent? I was the same as you this weekend, hanging out at home in my sweats watching conference making pillow cases for Lincoln. It was GREAT!!!

Marisa said...

I loved that SNL skit.

Kathleen said...

ok Shauna - I have been enjoying your blog for some time now, and thought I had better leave a comment...
We have been laughing about that SNL skit for the last 3 days, so stinking funny!!

Rebecca said...

Hilarious

Alex said...

Your work is amazing. I love the swing dancers. I wish the buyer would let you stop where you are, because it looks awesome as it is right now. But then again, what do I know.

I am still trying to get a good pic so I can commission my own Shav Art. Would you be willing to look thru some photos and tell me what might work best? You definately have the vision!