Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bon Voyage '08!

last year i did this and im doing it again...strap on your boots.

The best things of 2008:
1.Moving away from Utah, to Vegas.
2. Working for the best company, the best boss, and with the best people.
3. Financial Stability and getting out of debt
4. Starting to paint again and actually make a living doing it.
5. Car purchases (i love the mini minivan. RIP saturn, may you burn in hell)
6. Getting a new nephew who is so teensy and adorable you could just die
7. Getting back into shape with the help of a magical inhaler
8. Learning Photoshop. I feel like my skills as an artist have come full circle now.

The NOT SO best things of 2008:
1.The purchase of the dolphin-nosed Saturn
2. My doctor getting his license to prescribe medicine taken away (sketch-doggy dog)
3.No holidays in Folsom
4.My hair being in the forever awkward-length

2008's best movies, according to me:
1. Seven Pounds
2. Baby Mama
3. Dark Knight (i know, totally not one of my usual picks but its good)
4. Sure it was STUPID but i LOVED the House Bunny....partly for Glade's cameos but mainly it was so funny.

Favorite Things in 2008:
1. Fresh & Easy Grocery Stores
2. Magical Inhaler
3. Detox from sleeping pills
4. Being able to watch all of my tv shows online whenever i want
5. Diet Dr Pepper

Things that sucked it up in 2008, and basically ruined the year:
1. Ballet Flats that curl up in the back like elf shoes (technically thats a 2009 thing since i am wearing them for the first time today, but for the sake of the post, its going on the list...THE KILL)
2. Twilight fans
3. David Cook winning American Idol (im still totally pissed about this)
4. Friday Night Lights being only on Direct TV (so retarded)
5. Heidi and Spencer

Favorite songs of 2008:
1. No Air -Jordin Sparks ft. Chris Brown
2. Foundations - Kate Nash
3. Sky - Joshua Radin ft Ingrid Michaelson
4. Keep Breathing - Ingrid Michaelson
5. Human - The Killers
6. Breathe in Breathe out - Mat Kearney
7. Forever - Chris Brown

5 comments:

liNdsEYloO said...

for the record. we are half the same. music tastes= lovelyness.
movie tastes= barf.

Whitney said...

You do know that Friday Night Lights will be reairing on NBC starting this month, right?

Ashamedly I admit that I saw 'Twilight' with my step sister (but only b/c she couldn't find anyone to go with). I laughed out loud occassionally and enjoyed the ridiculousness of it almost as much as I enjoyed laughing out of my seat watching 'A Walk to Remember'.

Kels said...

hey little cutie. yo pretty mama. you're a little sugar. cutie. cutie. mama.

Schoenstars said...

Human? Really??? I freakin' HATE that song!!! Now Forever, on the other hand...I love me some Chris Brown!

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

I saw your twin last night at BJ's restaurant near Red Rock.