Friday, January 30, 2009

Inside My Beauty Bag

A couple of weeks ago, a few of us were enjoying lunch at the food court at Fashion Island, discussing our MUST HAVE beauty products. Things we ideally wouldn't leave the house without. Here is my list.

Burts Bees Citrus & Ginger Root Body Wash
this was a fresh & easy impulse buy, and I dont regret it. It smells UNREAL and makes my skin really soft.
Origin's Checks and Balances Face Wash
this stuff smells like peppermint and its tingly and great.Christian Dior DiorShow Mascara
one of the girls i work with at Anthropologie is a makeup artist, and she thought i was wearing false lashes...thats how good this stuff is. I will never go back to cheap mascara ever again.

MAC Makeup Removal Wipes
oh you thought i washed my face everynight? Ha. Good one. These wipes are so wonderful and feel so silky and luxurious.
Redken All Soft Shampoo
makes my hair super softHealthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-In Conditioner
this leave in conditioner i have used for years and SWEAR by it. I have pretty shiny hair, actually i get comments on it a lot, and i wish i could take credit for it, but its all this bottle.
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum
cuts drying time in half, smells great and makes your hair feel so silky. Just dont use too much or you will be looking like a greaseball.
Gap So Pink Perfume
grapefruit based smell, so of course i love. I hate anything musky and perfume-ish so this stuff is my perfect scent. I have a bottle of it at home and a mini one in my purse, just in case.and top it all off with a pair of pearl earrings and, of course, a headband!

8 comments:

Lindsay Jane said...

I LOVE posts like this! Thanks for the great recommendations. I love the MAC wipes, All Soft and Super Skinny - I've used all 3 for years so I know you're providing good advice. Oh, and you're cute and stylish so your secret to success must be in products.

Amy said...

Okay - if I spurge and spend $25 for mascara will it do anything for my short, thin, pathetic lashes?

Bethy said...

You and grapefruit smells. That grapefruit handwash from Target is still a favorite of mine because of you. Oh and I want to see before after pictures of the mascara before I overcome my cheapness and stop buying covergirl.

Anonymous said...

Geez. How much does it cost to maintain you Shauna? I feel like Rhyll would be a lot less expensive! I rarely see her spending all this time with makeup and she herself admits being comfortable in a t shirt which is refreshing to more guys than you think. And when you are wearing un-comfortable shoes, you know you are jealous of the blue slippers!

Rhyll said...

MIKE: thank you. I didn’t realize casual was so hot. In the spirit of maximum exposure please look for my REEFER shirt at church Sunday next.

LADIES: he's well-meaning, but disillusioned. i have long been an advocate of expensive hair/ makeup products. just the other month i spent $40 on hair serum*, and i am a frequenter of the MAC/laura mercier counters. No price is too high to pay for beauty, i always say.

*an elixer that has yet to make my hair lustrous and thick as promised

karly angela zobrist said...

dior show will one day rule the universe.

beckie said...

Diorshow, best money ever spent. Period.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

What a great post! I'm gonna have to try a few of those . . .