Today is my sisters birthday, and i should of put this up earlier, but haven't had a spare second all day...
Megan has always been such a good sibling. I shared a room with her all of my childhood and i couldn't of asked for a better friend. She liked all the same things as me, which is weird since she is 4 years older than me. For instance, i remember taking our barbies into the wetlands when i was in 5th grade. Which would of made her in 8th grade. Barbies is kind of a strange thing for an 8th grader. We cut the feet out of our tights with the Hobbins girls and pretended we were the pre-existence dancers on Saturdays warrior (mom didn't like that we ruined ALL of our tights). We would play receptionist, locking ourselves in our room for hours making appointments, and then there were the times when we were "Paula and Phylis" the girl version of Paul and Phil on the Y92 (easy listening radio station). She would hypnotize me to sleep..."relax your toes...toes asleep. Relax your ankles, ankles asleep. relax foot. Foot asleep" etc) and i actually believed her and thought it worked. She and I would listen to "My Sharona" from the Reality Bites Soundtrack, and dance and dance around.When Megan was in high school i remember thinking she had the cutest clothes and the greatest style. She used to have long blond hair and she would wear scarves wrapped as headbands, and deep red lipstick (not flattering, but i thought it was so beautiful). She would sing harmony to hymns at church and on the radio and i thought it was so cool and wanted to learn to do it. Megan was also always such a good example and had an unusually strong testimony for a teenager, i think. She used to ask for church CDs for her birthday (probably still does), and it seemed she lived and died for church dances. Which is where she met Justin. I remember seeing her and Justin dance to "strawberry wine" at a Mineshaft dance, and they started kissing and i was SO mad. How could she kiss him like that? It was not appropriate (or so i thought). She drove us home, dropping Justin off first. The dance was over at 11:45 so you could be home before it was Sunday, and dropping Justin off in EDH put us past midnight, and so in true Megan fashion, we started listening to one of church CDs. And i was like "you are such a hypocrite! You just totally french kissed him and now you re listening to church songs?" I was such a dork.

And then there was the time where i knew she had a big crush on a boy in 8th grade. I thought my sister was the most beautiful girl, and so i thought he would for sure like her if he just knew she liked him. So i decided to write him a letter saying "my sister has a crush on you and this is what her binder says..." and then i proceeded to write all the doodles she had wrote about him on her binder. I mailed it to his house (finding his address in the stake directory) and i didn't forget to put in her 7th grade picture for him. I figured he would need it. But what i did FORTUNATELY forget, was a stamp. So it never made it to his house. I was in BIG BIG trouble and i just thought i was helping her out!Megan i love you and i hope you have the best birthday!
PS she is the greatest mom and always (usually) has a REALLY clean house!
Saturday, November 17, 2007
Happy Birthday Sissy!
Posted by
Shauna
at
7:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Ahhh... This is very sweet and thoughtful of you Shauna. What a great sister you are to Megan. Too bad you didn't have some pictures of the two of you together or some of Megan when she was young.
okay for the record......the playing with barbies, I was in 6th grade thank you...because it was us and the edwards girls, who I wasn't friends with in the 8th grade. Granted the 6th grade is still pretty old for barbies. And pretty sure Justin and I wern't making out at the church dance, it might have been a little kiss. Thanks for the memories! Love you too!
Shauna, that is hilarious that you tried to "help" your sister out like that, I am so glad there was no stamp. More importantly, they played "Strawberry Wine" at a church dance. If I'm not mistaken that song is about losing your virginity at 17. Hmmm...I don't think the church is true in California.
Post a Comment