Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thankful for free food

Yesterday my roommates/coworkers and I decided to go to Cafe Rio for lunch. We get there and get in line and my mouth is watering just thinking of the delicious pork salad i am about to eat. Well in walks all of the regional managers along with one of the owners, Matt. We order and are about to pay and he jumps in front of us and pays for us all. It was so nice!

I dont know if its just that i love getting thank you cards myself, or if I'm just a classy gal (ha.) but i decided to write Matt a thank you card from the 3 of us. Stefanie thought it was weird and Ang just laughed about it, but i thought i should let him know that i was genuinely grateful that i didnt have to drop 10 dollars on lunch. So as i was leaving work, and he was in a meeting i put it in his office. This is the email he sent this morning.

From: Matt Sterzer
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 5:32 PM
To: 'Stefanie Ellingson'
Subject: nice card

Hey Stef,

What a nice card! Thank you. Would you let Shauna and Angenelle know I appreciated it also? I love the people that make up our company- and with another 100% growth year looming in front of us I need to be able to say that!!! Thanks for all you do- and next time come sit with us! J

Matt

Can you tell i work for Salesmen?

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Oh you gotta love when the boss pays for lunch! Everyday the girl I work with and I, wait and wait for the lovely words "have you girls eaten lunch yet?"!!