So first things first. My phone is dead. And i cant find the car charger i borrowed from Colin and my real charger is at my sisters in Vegas, i left it there at Thanskgiving. Whooooops. So if you need to call me, just leave me a message. I check my voicemail from work like 8 times an hour.
Second, i dont know why i thought to look up teddy ruxpin, but did you know they still make those? I remember getting one when i was like 4, for Christmas. My parents always left our big present unwrapped, like Santa had just taken it right out of his sack and left it for us to find. So my sister Megan who was like 8, thought it was hers and was so excited. We have it on video. Or maybe we dont, i dont know. Its possible that Jordan taped over it with a Kings game.
Also the other day Stef and i went to go get Chilis at lunch and on her ipod the Michael McLean song "Celebrating the Light" came on...like the old school one from Celebrating the Light the BYU Young Ambassadors production...anyway my mind started going crazy thinking of all of the old church songs i loved to sing growing up. I started singing "Joseph Smith and Brigham Young were numbers one and two....John Taylor, Wilford Woodruff and Lorenzo Snow..." from Lorenzo's Songbook, and Stefanie instantly knew it and sang the rest of it with me. I guess we had the same childhood. Linsey and i realized we both grew up loving Lorenzo, but i havent ever met anyone else who knows even what it is.
And if you do know what it is, would you be surprised to know that i have some original artwork in the movie and that my name is in the credits?
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
a dead phone and childhood memories
Posted by
Shauna
at
9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I was so mad when that was for you, I wanted Cricket so bad and Teddy Ruxben was the next thing. Sorry about your phone, when are you coming?
oh right you left me that message last night...im coming on saturday. i dont know what time im leaving but i will be in vegas probably in the afternoon.
Oh man. I loved that Young Ambassador! I swear I looked forward to it every year. I'm pretty sure I can play most of the songs from that Michael McLean book; it owned my life for a few years.
I wonder if we can put Lorenzo's Songbook on DVD for Jack & Lincoln. They would love it! The memories....
I know! I cannot believe JLS is pregnant! I read that last night and fell on the floor!!!!
My cousins are in Lorenzo's Songbook! (The ones from Holden!) There's a scene where one of them smokes a Tootsie Roll that looks like a cigar.
Post a Comment