Wednesday, June 11, 2008

the rest of NY

I made the trip east to New York this past week. It was fun, sweaty, dirty, hilarious and long. I have never been east of utah, well texas, and i hate humidity more than i hate rapists (not true, but almost true).
never go anywhere without the NFTwe ate at lots of fun and cool places...
here we are at Gustorganics, (notice the head(sweat)band. Very fashion forward, i am)
yummy pinkberry, love it. (holla! Kelly Jo)
pasta pizza and broccoli pizza at Prospect Park Zoo in Brooklyn
k so not the cutest picture of me but it was SWEATY and hot, and early and we were in this darling little place called "Le Petite" Cafe in Brooklyn and it was so magical with waterfalls and candles and it was so cute and delicious. i had to give it a shoutout even though i look sick.
and here is the McDonalds we stopped for drinks at in the Financial District, and yes, that is a woman on a balcony playing the piano and singing. We were in the Orchid Seated Terrace above where there were fresh flowers on every table. SO WEIRD. train ride from Grand Central Station to Times Square, where right before we ate Cheesecake at Juniors, so delicious and i felt like Serena Vanderwoodsen in Grand Central...very cool place.
this picture is probably my favorite. Asian-tourist peace signs, jumping up and down in front of the mtv store like a complete idiot. It was funny. There were people stopping and waiting and we took probably like 3 or 4 of these pictures.
Casey as Diddy.
just hanging out with some provo neighbors and my cuz. Hi Amanda and Michelle!
white faces at David Letterman.
just a couple of my friends that are moms. Camilla and Linsey (with Ivy) just hanging out at Linseys. Isnt camilla so cute and pregnant?
the cutest cookie bakery that ive ever seen in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn

Ground Zero
Just me and the Cuz
and here is Ivy when we arrived in Vegas, her first plane ride where she did not make one single peep the entire time, but did poo on linsey.
_______________________________________________

ok now for the real stuff....
New york is HOT. Its filthy, its crowded, and its HUGE. I never really knew this about myself until last week, but i never want to live in a big city. I mean i wont fight it, if thats the way things work out...but if it was my choice i would choose to live somewhere where folks rely on cars, play in the backyard, have real grocery stores, etc.
I dont hate New York, but i dont love it and i really dont see what the big deal is. Sure its rich with culture, talent and activities...and maybe i didnt appreciate it as much because i never wanted to leave the cold showers i took atleast twice a day. When youre sweating, nothing sounds fun.

I also saw some lesbians making out hardcore in front of me on the subway, lots of beggars, lots of unidentifiable liquids on the subway, and im pretty sure i got herpes on my hands from holding onto those rails on the train. WHY DONT THEY HOSE THOSE CARS DOWN EVERYNIGHT???

10 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Love the pics. You are totally serena vanderwoodsen. I just read the CW may be doing a spinoff with Jenny.

jordan and maci said...

is the first restaurant you are eating in that cute little place next to the temple? if so, yum.

Anonymous said...

holla back atcha girl! thanks for the shout out- i am honored. pinkberry is my boyfriend and i know the deep dark secrets of at least two little asian girls that work at the one by my house. p-i-n-k-b-e-(break)-r-r-y pinkBERRY. love the remix. can we get them some new uniforms though?
you are babe in every picture, and i am so relieved to see that the urban headwrap with the flower on it looks good on real people and not just on the website. i love it and i'm ordering one now.
p.s. i love how excited you are in front of trl. i can hear you laughing. you are hilarious.

sarah marie. said...

looks like you had fun. and i love your pink flower headband.

Sheryl said...

oh good ole NYC...its a different place. but i love it.

Fish Nat!on said...

what the fuh casey lewis. i love his face.

Rhyll said...

you saw lesbians making out in front of you?

Kate said...

Loved this post! And I agree, I don't really think I will end up in a big city. I need to drive to clear my head, I need 7 grocery stores within a block, I need I need. And I like what you rigged up for the sweaty hair, I understand. I was there 2 summers ago....

-I am quite upset about you not liking I LOVE NY...I really thought we would have that in common with one another. And come on Denise...seriously?

Kate said...

Sorry, one more thing. I can't believe I didn't comment on that picutre of you jumping with the peace sign....I am still laughing at my desk about it. To be honest, it might just have to become my desktop background. I think it would really boost the moral of hte office....

Shauna said...

i think that would be very VERY wise to put it as your background on your desktop.

Also NY is a tranny and so is her tranny mom.