I apologize to those of you who have already looked at my painting site and saw this painting.

I don't like pets. I think i have made it apparent. I don't understand how someone can become attached to an animal. Cuddling with one, dressing one up, PAYING TO HAVE SOMEONE PAINT ONE? I just don't get it. Now that being said, sometimes i wish i had that little missing piece in my heart that would allow me to love God's little furry friends, but i don't. And most times i don't want it. To an extent i understand a dog. Maybe sometimes i even understand a cat...you can hold both, cuddle them, pet them...they lick you, you maybe feel like they need you and love you...
but a bird? Um...there is nothing about a bird i find appealing AT ALL. So when i was approached to do a painting of a bird for a Mother's Day gift, i was excited to add a new species to repertoire but i have to admit i instantly thought "Looney tunes, who would want a painting of their bird?"
Oh well. Happy Mothers Day anyway.

I don't like pets. I think i have made it apparent. I don't understand how someone can become attached to an animal. Cuddling with one, dressing one up, PAYING TO HAVE SOMEONE PAINT ONE? I just don't get it. Now that being said, sometimes i wish i had that little missing piece in my heart that would allow me to love God's little furry friends, but i don't. And most times i don't want it. To an extent i understand a dog. Maybe sometimes i even understand a cat...you can hold both, cuddle them, pet them...they lick you, you maybe feel like they need you and love you...
but a bird? Um...there is nothing about a bird i find appealing AT ALL. So when i was approached to do a painting of a bird for a Mother's Day gift, i was excited to add a new species to repertoire but i have to admit i instantly thought "Looney tunes, who would want a painting of their bird?"
Oh well. Happy Mothers Day anyway.

5 comments:
You crack me up.
I was thinking pretty much the same, and read your shop post as that. Very diplomatic post about it there!
A Bird! Crazy, but it looks really good. It might look nice in a room with a jungle theme!
You better hope your customer doesn't read this!
I HATE ALL ANIMALS TOO. I have NO desire to see the freakin Earth movie, but I'll probably go to be politically correct.
i like that painting a lot. birds can for real life talk back to you, that is neat- and pet worthy.
Post a Comment