Friday, April 3, 2009

Fool me once...

Ok so i know this is a few days late but whatever. Here it is anyway.

April fools day, i come into work...sign into gmail (like i do every morning at 9am) and see that my friend Aubrey changed her status to "Moving to London in May!!!!" I don't think I'm much of a fool, but this day i was. You see, she recently returned from Europe, and i know she loves London. She has a good friend there so it seems believable.
londonflat
Our conversation went as follows...
me: you're not moving to London
Aubrey: yes i am!
in 4 weeks
Kevin is letting me stay with him til i can find a flat to rent
me: shut the eff up
Aubrey: I'm getting a job at the new London design center in Chelsea
for reals
I'm soooo stokefd
stoked*
my rooommates hate me
they don't want me to go
me: shut up
this is the best thing i have ever heard
Aubrey: I'm so glad you're happy for me.
most were mad that i was going out there...
i think its gonna be amazing
me: uh yeah and i hope you're going to be glad when i come and stay at your house
i mean...your flat
Aubrey: i loved it over there, so why not?
haha...of course
me: yeah WHY NOT
you are single
you are talented
you are brave
You can do anything
now is the time
Aubrey: exactly.....except......
APRIL FOOLS
bahahahahahahahaha
got you
me: I HATE YOU

See what i mean? I'm a fool. There i was, giving her a peptalk, being supportive and she just rudely tells me its all a lie.

You think i wouldn't fall for the gchat status April fools joke again...you'd be wrong.

It was later in the day, probably in the 8'oclock hour when i saw Brandon's status. Something about another Daewoo.

me: did something happen to your altima?
Brandon: Still have it but I'm going to sell it
I used to have a daewoo, and it was awesome, This morning I went down the tijuana auto auction cause they have some crazy crazy deals and I bout a 1999 Daewoo for 750 bucks!
bought
me: what the?
wow
sweet
Brandon: Yeah, then I made it up and and wrote it on gcaht, april fools your A
me: you are so dumb
daewoo

Shame on me for falling for this twice. I feel like an idiot.

3 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Man, I HATE April fools for this reason. It just BUGS the crap out of me!

Hailey said...

Uuugghhh, can we all just forget about this stupid holiday? I mean, really. It's a day of lies.

Aubrey Messick said...

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

I love April Fools....but I love you more. :)