Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Na na na na...So you think you can dance, dance dance...

Rhyll, Katie Rose, Meridith, and myself made the trek this morning to LA to see tomorrows episode of "So You Think You Can Dance."

When we went to American Idol, we were bummed we didn't make a sign, because all of the signs others had made were...well...crap. So this time we came equipped and i made a sign that I was confident would probably be the best one there, even though i made it at 1am while watching Jon and Kate +8 (which happened to be totally tragic).
Sytycd
Don't want to toot my own horn, but it was the best one there.

When we got inside they told us that we couldn't hold signs, so we quickly spotted the Evan and Randi families, and they were more than happy to hold it for us. So make sure to watch for it, cause honestly if it doesn't make it on, I'll be shocked. The other signs were made by 7 yr olds.
5185_96897476215_514971215_2541618_690915_n
Once the show started we were on our feet for like ever. Here's a picture of Meridith resting her feet by sitting on the edge of the stage (we seriously were front and center)
photo(2)
Katie Rose and Rhyll are giants in comparison to Meridith and I (and all of the Asians we were standing with) so they were moved to the back pit to the left of the stage with the rest of the tall peeps. And seriously the two of them are like in every single shot, which is hilarious. We were all excited to be there, but none of us wanted to actually be on the show. Hahaha its going to be good.
After the show, they taped "the Veronicas" singing and so Mer and i snuck over to rhyll and krs side, and found Cat Deely's Diet Coke. It was recognizable because no one had drinks, and she had that ridiculous straw. Anyway, we ditched the straw (when i say 'ditch' i mean i took the straw for zach as a souvineer) and then promptly drank the diet coke. Maybe thats gross to you, but we were desperate for some hydration. Ive never had diet coke that tasted as good as that one.

And there you have it. I got home at like 10, and I've been sitting ready for bed in my bed ever since.

I think I'm over getting tickets to shows. I take that back. I want to do price is right, but THEN I'm done.

8 comments:

t.t.turner said...

That sign is amazing! Let's hope Cat doesn't have Swine flu. :)

Meredith said...

this couple jeff and i know in LA both lost their lucritive jobs and have had hard times finding new ones. they went on the price is right and she made it on and won, and now i'm not kidding here,

- a smart car
- a jeep
- an $8,000 tennis bracelet
- $1,000 cash
- some other dinky prize I can't remember right now, something like a lifetime supply of fabric softener

BOO YA

go on it. go on it now.

Paige said...

I'm so jelly donut. And your sign is the bomb.com. Seriously I'm so mad I wasn't there...

Meridith said...

such a fun day hanging out with some of my favorite ladies.....and breaking all the rules.....i think the final tally was about 6 rules broken.

lindsay lark said...

Just saw a nice close up of you on the tube- very lovely.

Melody said...

I was just watching SYTYCD and I told my husband, "Wait! push pause! Rewind!" Sure enough, there you were. "That's Shauna!" Let me know when you get on the Price is Right, that is an awesome show.

Whitney said...

I saw your sign on the show last night, but didn't know it was yours until I read your post today. Nice work.

Loving wife to Matthew and 2 amazing kids said...

I even saw you! You were smiling so big! I was shouting "there's Shauna!!" Lucky