Wednesday, April 16, 2008

brought to you by the WWW

im really impressed that you all continue to read and comment on my blog even when it is based on reality shows and my opinions on really stupid things. I apologize for the lack of pictures, but i do not apologize for the lack of posts, because there really hasnt been a lack. The quality is lower, but i am glad i am still loved and that you all accept me and my blog.


I have a lot of free internet time at work and come across some really cool stuff, so i thought i would share with you all my findings. Chances are if youre reading this you probably have just as much free time as me and could find these things yourself.

1. Snippet & Ink
This should be no surprise to those who actually know me. I love planning parties, events, get-togethers, what have you and although this is a wedding site, alot of this stuff could be created for other types of parties. Its updated daily with a new board with reception/wedding ideas based around a specific theme. Its genius.

2. Katie's blog about Chuey
My friend Katie is in California this week and went to the Chelsea Lately show...hilarious. Read it.
3. GoJane Shoes
Ok so alot of the shoes look like stripper shoes, JLo shoes, or are just 100% plain ugly (not like stripper shoes arent)...but there are some pretty cute ones in the mix as well, and they are all like 20 bucks and under. WARNING they run big.

4. Soundboards
This is kind of old news that was ressurected yesterday at work. I showed it to my boss and we got some good laughs from the Arnold one, plans of prank calls pretending to be arnold, or John Kimball...same thing. But i do have to say the Miss Cleo one will forever be my favorite
"youre a libra, arentcha darlin?"5. Hulu
Hulu is a website where you can watch tv shows and movies straight from your computer just like you are watching a youtube video. I watched the entire first season of Friday Night Lights on here. Really good quality, and so super easy. TONS OF SHOWS. its a good site.

10 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Never apologize for blogging about tv and celebs. Never.

kelsey said...

i love that snippet & ink site...it's so cute! i go on there all the time NOW!

Cassie said...

I love finding new things on the web...web surfing is what I do with most of my day at work too. Hard jobs huh? You should check out Cutesygirl.com for their shoes. They have great prices too. A few months ago I got 5 pairs of shoes for $60!

Miss C. said...

Hey have you seen the 2nd season of FNL?
-Becca

the straz fam said...

Two things:
1. I want to see some pics of your cakes...do you have any posted on your blog?
2. I think you should move to CA so we can open a little bakery together

Sheryl said...

Girlfriend! Your blog is the bomb. Seriously. I was catching up, and I read some GOOD stuff. YOu're a natural entertainer and your mind seems to be sort of like mine, forever running! I wanted to comment on everything. I did somewhere below maybe you can find it, but here's a few "thoughtful comments" as you would say: 1)the girls on the bachelor are RIDICULOUS! One of my most favorite girls who got the boot was the singer/songwriter who was like I'm more than just a singer/songwriter! And then she burst into a song! Lame-o! And of course the black girl is ghetto as i dont know what. Seriously, he's seems like a cool "chap" but for the most part the girls suck. Quite entertaining though :)
2) I love the wedding website. I should start preparing since my bishop is all about me getting married...stay tuned, blogging friend.

herifords said...

How are you?! I haven't talked to you in forever. I feel bad you called me once and my intention was to call you back, but I some how lost your number. Lets do lunch

amanda said...

1. I love snippet & ink. I check it constantly.

2. I'm liking Noelle the best right now for the bachelor. I'm pretty glad that Robyn is gone and Shane has her funny moments, but my vote is Noelle.

your thoughts?

Ally Cat said...

I would just like to give reality TV a shout out. If you didn't blog about it I would probably not read your blog. Also, I looked at GoJane, and you're right, mostly hooker shoes but there were some roses amongst the thorns. Two pairs are on their way.
Hulu.com is also another blessing I wasn't aware of. I've already started FNL season 2.
You should look at www.cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com. It is now a permanent part of my morning email checking routine. And one final treasure, have you seen www.shabbyapple.com? Darling!
Ally

Kate said...

I am so honored to be a part of the snippet! Ha ha!