Ok, this isn't leisure blogging people, this is a work assignment from THE BOSS.
He and his wife are expecting their 4th and last child and are struggling with this new babies name.
His siblings are Max, Grace and Hank and they want something that seems to fit with the rest of the kids.
Here are the top names....please feel free to hate on or praise...he has tough skin and knows my dear dear friends/enemies have strong opinions.
-Ozzie
(hes already heard the comparison to Ozzy Osborne, and Ozzy from Survivor...give us some new material people!)
-Abe
-Zeke
-Ike
-Cash
& Gus
(seriously Gus is the cutest)
Now for your assignment. What are your thoughts, concerns, opinions on these names and how well they fit in with the siblings. I'm not looking for you to list the names you like and are going to name your kids, if you would like you are welcome to leave them on my other baby naming blog post.
Now blog away folks.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
And he shall go by the name...
Posted by
Shauna
at
4:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

34 comments:
what is their last name? pacing is important when naming a child.
The name GLADE seems to go well with those names.
abe is amazing. not only is it conveniently short (so yelling is easy), but it carries a very patriotic message. my vote goes with abe.
oh, and GUS? are you kidding me?! don't you remember gus-gus from the disney classic "cinderella"? DON'T BE RIDICULOUS, SHAUNA. come on. we don't need another round, pantless freak running around stealing our corn and getting our birthdays wrong.
I like Abe and Cash the best. Both of these name will be made fun of - Abe - Ape, and Cash - well that's obvious. I think a good alternative name would be Jude, but maybe that's because I just watched across the Universe.
I like ZEKE. It's different.
I like ZEKE. It's different.
I like Cash... but I think that it is too close to Max almost.. Cash.. Max... Just imagine the mommy yelling it through the house. Could be very confusing.
I don't like Ozzie either. I know it has been said before, but the kid is always going to be compared to Ozzy Ozbourne. "what's your name? Oh Ozzy? Like Osbourne?"... it could get old fast.
Zeke, eh. Ike, I like. And Gus will always be "Gus Gus" from Cinderella.
I think they should name the baby whatever they think. Keep them all in mind and then when the little babe pops, out, improvise.
Hope this helps Shauna's boss... if not, sorry.
i think gus is my favorite as well. however, he might have serious fat potential being named after the chubby mouse on cinderella. i do love the name cash as well, but it is starting to get trendy. gus gus it is.
ike, cash, and gus FO SHO
Is this the same "boss" that has his own personal CB2000? Um...Anywho, about the names: Out of them all, I like Cash. It is the most unique. All the other names have some sort of connection to something else. i.e. Abe=Abe Lincoln. I like Cash. You gotta spell it like C.A.S.H. Not only is it different, but it's also hip! Oh, and don't spell it like CACHE because you know people will compare that to Cache Valley and we ain't in Utah. Call the child CASH.
i love the name parks, but emer is not down. he thinks parks lake is too recreational. really? how about rock lake, doesn't sound any different. oh well, maybe in the next life.
$$$$$$$$$$$$CASH$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Cash or Gus are my votes
Here's my brutal honesty. Gus is bad. I don't care for the name AT ALL. Although it doesn't sound too terrible when you list it among his siblings he will never throughout his life be able to explain, "My name is Gus, (gets weird look), but my siblings are Max, Grace and Hank!" I don't hate it because of Cinderella, I don't like the way it sounds coming out of your mouth. A hard G followed quickly by a sss sound. It's just not happening. Moving on, I like all the other names, with Cash being at the bottom. I think it sounds great, but being a Johnny Cash lover I think those are some bad ass shoes to have to fill. With the others I was wondering if he was planning on naming the child the full name and using the nickname or just going nickname (Abraham, Isaac, Ezekiel, Oscar). I think that Abe, Ike, Zeke, and Hank all go together because they are actually all names that Matt and I considered for a boy. (Is Hank named Henry? because I love that and may possibly be using that. I hope your boss won't mind.)
I like Abe. It's the least "I'm trying to sound cool and overly creative" out of all the names. And all the other names have an "a" sound, so it goes really well with them.
Okay, I think he should think of new names! I think he should use Charlie. That's my name and it goes really well with Max:) If he's dead set on one of those names, I definitely think he should go with Abe. It's pretty cute!
Cash, for sure, its money.
Isn't Glade an air freshener? I like Gus.
They are all bad. Which is suprising because I like all the other names they have used. Abe is the best if we HAVE to pick out of that bunch. He'll be hairy, but Zeke will be a dork and Gus will be fat. I would choose hairy over all those.
Let him pick whatever he wants as long as he calls his son BUSTER! Buster is sweet!
it is brian's one true dream to name a boy baby ezekiel and call him zeke. my reply each time he mentions it is that i will not have children named after skate shoes.
ozzie: way too iconic--it's like naming a child madonna or newman or screech, it's taken, move on.
gus: guaranteed he will be a truck driver with a pot belly.
ike: too much
cash: eh...
abe: love. but go with abraham and abbreviate when necessary.
Scott Pollard who just retired from the Celtics named his last kid Ozzie and his nanny told me she is seriously sick of people talking about Ozzy Osbourne when she mentions it. Personally I was a big fan of Ozzie Smith when he would do back flips to short stop in Busch Stadium so if the kid is going to have a fro and be black I'm cool with Ozzie.
The rest of the names are either too trendy. Do you really want people to hear the name of your kid and know exactly what year he was born in because everyone that year was named "Abe" and no one has been named "Abe" since because they've moved on to "Zeke" or "Cash" or "IronMan" (which could be a good middle name if the boss does go with Ozzie).
I vote you name him something normal, or you name him "Gray" spelled with an "a" and not an "e".
I LOVE GUS! that's awesome. I also like the name Oscar (Ozzie short?)
On second thought, Gray would ellicit too many references to "Grey's". You might as well name a kid "Lost" or "The Office" or "House of Payne"
I obviously love abe b/c thats what my sosn's name is and I think it fits the best with all the other names. Cash is just gross and plus it is a total different "theme" from the rest of those cute classic names. (gross, trendy vs. classy) ; )
I didn't know everyone was naming their child Abe. Neither did this graph.
http://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager#prefix=ABE&ms=true&sw=m&exact=true
That's a really cool baby naming tool you and your boss might like. It shows the trend of the name throughout the years.
i like abe, lincoln was almost going to be abe. i don't really care for the rest of them. what about george?
If I can be like... "Ike"? Yeah that is the one. Only drawback is it makes me think of Ike "the abuser" Turner. And that ain't no boxing nickname.
Gus...can't stop thinking of Gus Gus from Cinderella. Ike...like Ike and Tina Turner.
Cash is freakin' sweet. Like Cash Money...holla!
Wow Shauna! Thanks to your readers for their helpful responses. Ive decided he will be named Abe. At least until I get home and the wife has a new name picked out. She had new ones last night. Cyrus, Cole and Kimball. I like Cyrus (go by Cy) although it brings back memories of Billy Ray Cyrus and his Ramen Noodle Mullett. What a slimeball
CASH CASH CASH!
when i hear "gus" i think of the fat mouse on cinderella. sorry, shavs.
i just thought of a good one that really fits in with his kids. Have you ever heard of the name Darwin??? so cute I know, and they can call him D-win
Okay...Cash could have been a monumental mistake. Abe is good. Good choice. Cute and less trendy than the others. About the new suggestion (Darwin) I ask one question: do you love science and evolution enough to do that to your child?
PS- how about Wells, Oscar, or Charlie?
Gus is not happening, everyone knows that name means fat slob.
I like Cash. That name was on our list but we would have spelled it Cache, which I like better. If they care what people think, I have heard many people saying this name is crass otherwise negative because of $, it is wierd for some people. I think it is cute. They may think it is orignal, but I know someone with this name {spelled Cache} and it has been on several of my friend's lists. Gus would be original, I have never heard of anyone wanting to name their baby that.
Another name that was on our list that I think was pretty origanal is Catcher. Catch for short. No one liked it, but maybe times have changed. I thought it was cute.
Post a Comment